Apple is not a new name in the technology world. Apple’s AirDrop is a file sharing feature that was released with of OS X Lion. By using it users can share and transfer files from their mac to any other device without using the external storage device, that was only offered to mac at that time but now every iOs device can use it. Airdrop from iPhone to mac is also possible now. To be honest, AirDrop is the most convenient way to send photos, videos, websites, locations, and more wirelessly from an iPhone or iPad to a Mac. The current Airdrop version is OS X Yosemite. Most of the new users do not know this feature particularly hence, today we will tell you how to Airdrop from iPhone to Mac.
Also Check: Activation Code for Windows 10 Free
How do I get AirDrop on my Mac?
On your Mac device:
- Select Go > AirDrop from the menu bar in the Finder. Now, an AirDrop window will open.
- If the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi is off, turn it on by clicking the button which is already located there. Turning On the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi automatically turns on the Airdrop feature.
On Phone and iPad:
- Open the Control Center on your iOs device.
- Click on AirDrop, then select whether you want to receive files from everyone or only from people in your Contacts app.
How to use AirDrop: AirDrop in Mac/iPhone Requirements
In order to send or receive various files between iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you should have a 2012 or later Mac model with OS X Yosemite, excluding the Mac Pro (Mid 2012).
To send items to another Mac from your iPhone, you should have:
- MacBook Pro (Late 2008) or later, excluding the MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2008)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010) or later
- MacBook (Late 2008) or later, excluding the white MacBook (Late 2008)
- iMac (Early 2009) or later
- Mac Pro (Early 2009 with AirPort Extreme card, or Mid 2010)
- Mac Mini (Mid 2010) or later
How to Airdrop from iPhone to Mac
Transferring files from iPhone to Mac is pretty simple after turning on AirDrop on both of your devices i.e. iPhone and Mac. The Transferring rate between both the devices is pretty fast using this great feature. Just follow the below given steps:
Step 1: Turn on AirDrop on iPhone
Turn On the Bluetooth or Wi-Fi as turning them on will automatically turn on the Airdrop feature. You can also open the Control Center on your iOs device and run the Airdrop feature. It will ask you a to select a way to be discoverable by others.
Step 2. Turn on AirDrop on MacBook
Now Open the Finder window on your Mac, and tap on AirDrop in the menu bar on the left.
Step 3. AirDrop from iPhone to MacBook
On your iPhone, you can see the find a Share button on your screen. First, choose the files that you want to share photos and videos and after that click on the Share button. You can share your file by choosing any contact on the AirDrop list.
Where do Airdrop Files go on Mac?
The files that are received via AirDrop are automatically stored into your Downloads folder. The downloads folder is in the Users folder. You can also find the files with the help of Finder by simply pushing Option+Command+L. Here, AirDrop files can be recovered by opening the app related to that file.